SFMC 3rd BDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFMC 3rd BDE

Please register as your name is in STAFLEET records & please don't include your rank as those can change.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3rd Brigade Honor Guard

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Efferus

Efferus

Number of posts : 3
MSG & / or Chapter : 301st MEU
Region : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-03

3rd Brigade Honor Guard Empty
PostSubject: 3rd Brigade Honor Guard   3rd Brigade Honor Guard Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Greetings Marines of the 3rd Brigade!

It has come to my attention, that the 'Dogs of War' have expressed interest in manning, training for, and conducting performances of a Honor Guard – and it's now my honor and privilege to make that happen!

I invite all within the Brigade (or Region, if some of our Fleet brethren would like to join up as Reservists) who have an interest in Drill and/or Color Guard. Prior experience is NOT required – fear not I've plenty of know-how in whipping you Regulan Bloodworms into something worthy of the honor of carrying our national and organizational colors and preforming before fellow sentient beings.

So, a bit about myself. I've been training, teaching, and preforming close order drill since my freshman year of high school with my NJROTC unit – including standard and exhibition drill team, as well as Color Guard all four years. My junior year I was selected to be the Color Guard commander, and my senior year I was the Armed Drill Team commander. My experiences traveled with me to the Air Force, where I was Honor Guard commander for my technical school squadron (unarmed exhibition drill, color guard duties and sword arch detail). Later, at Lackland AFB, TX, I served on the base drill team (Armed exhibition drill and color guard details).

As you can see, drill is something of a passion for me (for reasons even I do not fully understand), and any who share that passion, or think they would like try it out, please let me know! Unit OIC's please ensure this information is passed on to your troops.

Any one interested in joining this new Honor Guard please e-mail me (efferus@ussbattlborn.com) with your name, location (city and state as a minimum please), e-mail and any experience you may or may not have. Once the list of interested members is collected I will start planning our first meeting. This will be a FUN experience, and with a little work, a bunch of practice, and a lot of humor, it will also be a very rewarding one!

I look forward to working with you!

LTC Jeremy "Efferus" Carsten
OIC 301st MEU - "The Battle Born!"
"Been there, Done that, Back for more!"
forums.ussbattleborn.com
Back to top Go down
http://forums.ussbattleborn.com/index.php

3rd Brigade Honor Guard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SFMC 3rd BDE :: SFMC 3rd BDE Open to All :: SFMC 3rd BDE Open to All-
Jump to: